Panamaram heronry is a breeding ground of herons located on the banks of River Panamaram, a tributary of Kabini, in Wayanad district of Kerala.
Nov 16, 2022
4 min read
List of contents in this explainer about Panamaram heronry in Kerala
|1.||What is heronry?|
|5.||Waterfowls found in Panamaram heronry|
1. Black-Headed Ibis
2. Purple Heron
3. Great Egret
4. Median Egret
5. Little Egret
6. Pond Heron
7. Black-Crowned Night Heron
8. Little Cormorant
9. Cattle Egret
10. Whistling Duck
1. The Panamaram heronry, the breeding ground of herons, is located in the state of
2. Kaggaladu heronry, the breeding ground of herons, is located in the state of
3. Panamaram river is a tributary of
4. River Kabini is a tributary of
1. Human intervention has left a negative impact on the avian habitat in India. Explain with the help of suitable examples.
Reference/Image : Panamaram heronry set to get a new lease of life by E.M Manoj, The Hindu / Purple Heron, Creative Commons, Wikipedia
The above work is for the purpose of legitimate use of the copyrighted work for educational advancement of the society. If any complaints, please contact us at [email protected].
More on iasindepth